For a girl that likes MAC makeup as much as I do, it was a bit of a shock to realise I didn’t own a single MAC pink /coral lipstick. So whilst I was away on holiday, I decided to rectify this mistake and was determined to choose something that would become my new favourite lipstick !
Product Name : MAC Cremesheen Crosswires Lipstick
Price : USA – $16.00 , India – INR 1190
Quantity : 3 g / 0.1 US oz
MAC claims about the product : Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
My Experience ?
I have been happy with my recent makeup purchases. I decided to increase my chances of a successful lipstick purchase by sleuthing around and seeing what my fellow makeup addicts were giving good reviews on. I saw many online beauty gurus raving about crosswires and I had to put it in my shopping basket.
In the tube, it is a bright pink/coral, a bit scary in its brightness. However, when applied on my NC 30 skin with a light hand, it lit my face up like my own personal spotlight! My skin seemed brighter….MAGIC! I have never had a lipstick that made such a profound difference in my appearance. I have worn it four times, with different outfits and makeup combinations to make sure I could attribute the extra oomph to the lipstick, and it worked every single time.
Despite it’s brightness, this is actually a completely wearable shade. 🙂
How I wear it ?
- Such a pretty bright pink coral shade looks fresh with white outfit, or to really pop, I team it with navy blue or orange outfit.
- I love to pair it with a blue eyeliner. It also looks pretty when paired with jet black liquid liner and taupe color eyeshadow.
- For day time look one swipe looks perfect on me and for night time I add two -three layers for bright bold lips.
BnB Tips :
- When you apply it, do NOT rub your lips together. Doing so will result in it highlighting all flakes and dry patches on the lips. It will make a world of difference if you apply it separately on the top lip and lower lip.
- To make your lipstick last longer apply a ice cube five minutes prior to applying your lipstick.
- If you have pigmented lips apply concealer on your lips after lip balm.
Lipstick Color :
Crosswires is a hot pinkish coral shade, its bright and makes a statement without being over the top. It’s not at all orange on me, it’s corally pink and makes my teeth white. Bright, but not garish, gives very youthful colouring.
The name says it all, a lipstick with a little glossy shine and full coverage. What else a girl wants ! This lipstick is good for those who like top their lipstick with a lipgloss. The lovely silky smooth texture makes it easy to apply and perfect for dry lips.
Finish/ Formula :
It’s cremesheen so it has a lovely glossy finish. The finish of the cremesheen is a great balance between lasting finish and healthy dewy moisture. It did not move off my lips, but stayed firmly in place, even with a gloss on top. It wears off naturally, and looks good through the whole process. My lips did not feel dry at all and I adore the satin finish.
Pigmentation / Coverage :
Just one swipe is enough to cover my lips. Two swipes for a lovely coral shade and three swipes are enough to give my lips a bold yet beautiful coral color.
Staying Power :
Most of my moisturising lipsticks wear off in less than an hour but not this one. It looks so fresh all day long and stays for more than five hours on me and leaves a lovely pinkish tint after that. It wears off evenly on my lips.
What I Like ? 🙂
- Excellent bright, coral shade
- Looks great on any outfit
- Bright pink yet wearable shade
- Easily available
- Lovely glossy finish
- Moisturising. Great for dry lips
- Travel friendly packaging
- Good staying power
- Leaves a lovely pinkish tint on my lips
What I Didn’t Like ? 🙁
You may have to apply bit of base makeup to make sure you can attribute the extra oomph to the lipstick
Final Verdict : Quality-wise, I can’t fault MAC crosswires lipstick. It’s super soft and the staying power is pretty good for a moisturising lipstick. Also the beautiful pinkish coral shade is a must have for summer.
Pigmentation : 5/5 Texture : 5/5 Finish : 5/5 Packaging : 5/5
Overall Rating : 5/5
More Pictures –
What do you think about this shade. Would you like to try it ?
Copyrights© Beauty and the Best