My love for summer weather has transitioned over into my make-up… that’s when I came across this blue gem…
Price : USA – $7.99 , India – 500 INR , UK – £ 6
Quantity : 0.14 oz , 3.5 gms
Product Claims by L’Oreal : Infallible Eyeshadows contain ultra concentrated colour pigments, for an intense colour finish and up to 24 hour long-lasting hold. Immense, endless, breathtaking blue with a myriad of starry glimmers for eyes of exalted strength.
My Thoughts ?
I bought L’Oreal Infallible All Night Blue online from Nykaa and as soon as I swatched it, I fell in love with this eyeshadow. The color reminds me of winter and it really makes my dark brown eyes “pop.” At first I was unsure of the fingertip application but it’s buildable so I start out with less then build the intensity. I always use primer first so that it lasts all day. If using multiple colors, start from light to dark and wipe off your finger between colors.
It can be hard to pick up color with a brush and I find the best thing to use is your fingers, or a tightly packed, stiff shader brush, not too dense and an eyeshadow primer is a must underneath the shadow. The staying power is impectable and the formulation is wonderful. It glides on smoothly which is what you look for in an eyeshadow. The colors payoff is awesome and so is the packaging.
How I use it :
- Applied dry, it was semi-opaque and I got lovely navy blue colored lids. When applied with a damp brush, it was fully opaque and you get intenese deep blue color.
- I sometimes use it as a eyeliner or a base for blue smokey eyes look. It also makes a lovely lid color for a evening look.
- You can also use your fingers to apply it on your lids.
Some important tips :
- If your eye color is blue or you’re wearing blue contacts avoid blue eyesahdow.
- Make sure you keep your cheeks and lips on the lighter side if you are using a dark intense blue eyeshaow.
- Always use a eyeshadow base or primer for blue eyeshadows.
- Young women can go for shimmery blue eyeshadow while mature women should use matte tones.
- If the lid color has shimmer go for a matte eye shadow in the crease.
Two Looks Using All Night Blue –
About Color/ Shade :
The shade All Night Blue is a stunning deep rich blue with a hint of silver shimmer sheen. The color is very intense and beautiful. It is the most perfect blue shade that I’ve ever came across. Even most of the blue liners I own from top brand look black if they are pigmented but not this one, it has excellent pigmentation yet it looks perfectly blue from every angle.
Packaging : The Eyeshadow come in a glass pot with a plastic stopper. Absolutely travel-friendly !
Texture / Formula :
L’oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadows are soft-pressed eyeshadows which has a liquid component to their formula, that’s what makes them so buttery smooth and creamy in texture. It blends easily with my fluffy blending. I have oily lids, but this formula stays on all day with great color payoff, which is a miracle for me. I totally agree with L’Oreal claims that The colour adheres to the eyelid as durably and comfortably as a second skin and does not run into fine lines around the eyes.
Finish / Pigmentation :
It isn’t powdery and chalky at all and has creamy finish on the lids. I love the frosted, metallic finish of this eyeshadow. The Infalliable eye shadow is excellently pigmented. Single swipe gives a lovely blue color while two swipes gives a perfect deep jewel blue color. Like I said , if you want a fully opaque blue color you have to apply it with a damp brush.
Staying Power :
I was able to get eight hours of wear without creasing and fading without a primer. With MAC painterly paint pot, eyeshadow primer or concealer as a base it can last upto 12 hrs.
Final Verdict : A must have blue eyeshadow ! Totally in love with this color !
What I Like ? 🙂
- Beautiful shade ( Perfect blue eyeshadow )
- Will suit all skin tones
- Amazingly pigmented.
- Smooth application.
- Blends beautifully.
- Soft and silky texture.
- great staying power.
- Sturdy and travel friendly pot
- Must have shade for makeup lovers
- Waterproof, crease resistant, fade resistant
What I Didn’t Like ? 🙁
Application can be messy if you don’t use proper eyeshadow brush.
Shade : 5/5 Pigmentation : 4/5 Texture : 5/5
Finish : 5/5 Packaging : 4/5
Overall Rating : 4.5/5
Which blue eyeshadow is your favourite ?
Copyrights © Beauty and the Best