Author ~ Pallavi
I think it’s time I admit that I’m a lipstick junkie. I could never get enough of them. I’ve been hoarding lipsticks for as long as I can remember and the newest member to the family is a gorgeous RED from L’Oreal!
Product Name: L’Oreal Color Riche Collection Star Pure Reds Lipsticks in Pure Rouge!
Price: Rs.995 in India
Quantity: 4.2 gm
So recently, L’Oreal Paris launched a great range of lipsticks. It has 7 shades of reds and like it says “A red for every skin tone”.
All of the shades are mentioned below-
- Pure Rouge, a classic Red!
- Pure Scarleto, a reddish pink!
- Pure Brick, a brown based red!
- Pure Fire, a warm orange!
- Pure Vermil, a warmer pink!
- Pure Amaranthe, a bright pink with red tones!
- Pure Garnet, a deep wine!
L’Oreal claims about the product: Empowered with matte effect, Pure Reds make your lips look sultry and enchantingly red. Tailor-made for every skin-tone. It has a hydrating Texture. Enriched with velvet spheres, jojoba oils and pure pigments to hydrate your lips, making them look luscious and velvety.
My Experience :
The packaging is pretty and travel friendly. You can hear a click when you shut it. It’s a matte lipstick, so that’s definitely a plus. But as these are all REDS, the application need to be very precise. If you’re used to wearing red shades, then you’re probably good to go. Otherwise, I suggest using a lip liner to define your lips.
L’Oreal Color Riche Collection Star Pure Reds Lipsticks in Pure Rouge : At first sight, the lipstick looks ravishing. It’s a beautiful red colour. It’s highly pigmented. If you wipe it with a tissue, it leaves a rich stain behind. So, to completely get it off, you’re either gonna need makeup remover wipes or coconut oil. They have a smooth texture and they stay put for a good 4-5 hours.
It feels so light , it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing a lipstick at all. It does transfer a little initially but, if you give it some time they appear nice matte. You don’t need touch ups. It’s a classic Red with cool undertones to it. So it might not be the best pick for certain complexions. However girls with fair to wheatish complexion could easily pull it off.
How I wear it : (FOTD)
- As it is so moisturizing, you don’t need to apply anything underneath.
- But as you know, matte lipsticks accentuate the fine lines and little cracks on the lips. So I’d suggest exfoliating your lips beforehand.
- Also if you want it to last even longer, apply a bit of your concealer, let it dry and then wear the lipstick.
Texture, Finish and Coverage :
It’s literally so smooth. It’ll glide on your lips like a dream. Just a few strokes are all it takes to get the perfect Red Lip. It has a completely matte finish which is gorgeous. The coverage is surprisingly good. As you can see it in the swatches, one swipe seems pretty opaque.
What I Like ? 🙂
- Glides on smoothly
- Pretty Red shade
- Will suit Indian Skin-tones
- Matte Finish
- Totally opaque, great coverage
- Highly Pigmented
- Buttery texture
- Long lasting
- Easily available
What I Didn’t Like ? 🙁
- The price, lil bit expensive
- The application needs to be really precise, but I guess that’s not a con. All Red lipsticks need to be applied with precision.
- Lips need to be exfoliated before application.
Final Verdict – A bit expensive, but if you’re a fan of REDS, then you’re gonna love it. Great Quality.
Pigmentation-4/5 Texture—4.5/5 Finish-4/5 Staying Power-3.5/5 Quality-5/5
copyrights© Beauty and the Best