COLORBAR VELVET MATTE LIPSTICK –
BARE REVIEW, SWATCHES & LOTD
(Author ~ Sanchita )
Matte lipsticks have become a certain rage in the market and I couldn’t be happier about it. Every brand is in competition to bring out the best of matte collections which are quite easily available to other brands outside India like Kat Von D, Limecrime, etc. yes, as a lipstick lover I can’t resist but lust on those beauties but India market too, although very few options, has certain brands with matte lip color options.
One of my all-time favorite is the Colorbar Velvet Matte range, which was my first love for matte lipsticks. I have tried a numerous shades from this range and very recently I picked up few shades too. The shade I am going to review today is quite a nice shade for everyone.
Read on for my detailed review on the product.
PRICE – 299 INR for 4.2 g
PACKAGING – the lipstick comes in a regular twist up packaging. The packaging is not very boring yet nothing attractive about it as well. The twist up packaging works extremely well and I already keep this lipstick for emergency touch ups all day and it never disappointed me at all. Overall, I would say a sturdy and effective packaging for a daily wear lipstick.
SHADE – the shade is a gorgeous brown MLBB with slight peach undertones. In fact, the undertone is so fading that you would only notice it under sunlight. A perfect nude-ish color to compliment a lot of Indian skin tones. On wheatish to deeper complexions, it turns out to be the perfect nude to match up with a smokey eye. On fair skin tones, it looks like a wearable office MLBB which gives a certain natural tint to the lips without drawing much attention.
TEXTURE AND FINISH – the texture is what exactly the range describes. It is smooth as a velvet and glides like butter on the lips without making the lips dry at all. Some days when I am too lazy exfoliate my slightly dry lips, I simply apply the color and it keeps my lips hydrated. The lipstick settles down with a hydrated matte look without any extra sheen, creaminess or shine which I loathe very much. After 1-2hours, without any lip balm, you would notice the color has settle down with a nice matte finish without settling into the fine lines. It does not bleed and hence I am happy to skip the lip liner too when I am in a hurry.
PIGMENTATION – on of the best pigmented lipsticks I have come across. With single swipe it gives you the hint of the color and go get a nice opaque finish, you just have to apply the second coating and you good to go for the whole day. I have absolutely no complaints regarding pigmentation as it happily covers my pigmented and discolored lisp too.
STAYING POWER – the staying power is pretty good for the price. I stays on my lips for 3-4hours without light munching and drinks in between. After heavy meal, you certainly need slight touchups. To make the color long lasting, apply some cheats and tricks like lip liner underneath, several layers and bloating with a tissue and set it with a translucent powder on top.
OVERALL – for the price, the color is a steal for me. I love this range to the core and regular uses certain shades as there are plenty of options to choose for, doesn’t hurt the pocket and also easily available across various stores. Recently, they also launches several colors and I am really looking forward to try them too.
- PACKAGING – a simple, effective packaging with travel friendly features.
- SHADE – perfect MLBB for Indian skin tones that neither washes out nor draws too much attention.
- TEXTURE – creamy and glide like a dream and settles down with a comfortable matte finish without drying the lips at all.
- PIGMENTATION – 2 swipes gives you the perfect color without bleeding.
- STAYING POWER – 3-4hours without heavy meals. The staying power can be increased too.
- OVERALL – for a creamy velvet matte with such awesome collection and quality, it is a must have.
WHAT I LIKED 🙂
- A sturdy and effective packaging for a daily wear lipstick.
- A perfect brownish nude MLBB color with faded peach undertones.
- The color will suit a wide variety of skin tones.
- Smooth and creamy texture that glides like a dream.
- Settles down with a nice sheen less matte finish without drying the lips or accentuating the fine lines.
- Doesn’t need a lip balm beneath even for dry lips.
- Commendable pigmentation.
- Staying power is 3-4hours although can be increased by lip liner underneath, several layers and bloating with a tissue and set it with a translucent powder on top.
- Reasonable price and easily available across stores and also on certain e-commerce sites.
WHAT I DISLIKED 🙁
- No SPF
Copyrights© Beauty and the Best